Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday February 12 2012

Damn! that guy is way up there!
 Man, there isn't enough money in the world to pay me to go up on one of those "cherry pickers."
At 8 AM, it was still only 27 degrees. No bums, no drug dealers, no ho's on the streets...
Later it warmed up to mid 40's. Still too cold for the girls, though...
Too cold!
 What a great find on this headboard. Rachel was wanting a new headboard as she has had the "cheetah" covered headboard for about 5 years. ( I did cover it up with some pink and green fleece, but she wanted a wood headboard.) I'm going to sand it and paint it off white to match her bureau.
I posted a picture of an artist from River Street on my blog a while ago. He does a lot of African art. Well, last Sunday I saw some stuff in the Telfair Museum he just has to see. An artist named Robert Claiborne Morris has some really thought-provoking stuff. So, I printed off an article about RCM and a couple of pics of his art. (I wish I remembered the name of the artist uptown, but I don't.) I brought it  to the artist on River Street. I told him RCM is going to be in Savannah tomorrow at the museum talking about his art. So this would be a great opportunity for him. To thank me for taking his art seriously, he gave me this piece with the lone cannon. COOL!
Nice headboard and it's heavy

So cold, they have their hands in their own pockets!


Art!

No comments:

Post a Comment