Saturday, February 11, 2012

Saturday February 11 2012

Pretty bird

I'm the BIRD

I am the Pretty Bird










Here is the vain cardinal. He spent about an hour in Bill's truck mirror this morning. What can he be thinking? I believe this is a young male. He is a little more red than is showing up in the pictures as these were taken at 7:15 AM. One person theorized the bird is thinking he has to fight off a rival cardinal. I think he is just obsessed with himself. He sat on the back of the toolbox looking in the glass for a few minutes. Bill wants to shoot him for messing up the mirrors. I think putting bags on the mirrors for a few days will break the obsessive habit. Who knows?
Yesterday afternoon as I was walking the dogs, I saw a neighbor. He is a boarder who lives in the 200 block of 35th. After the obligatory "hey, how ya doing" I said, it's been looking like rain all day, but we haven't gotten a drop. He replied with "just because something looks like a horse, doesn't mean it's a horse". (Huh?) OK, the horse rained about an hour later....?

No comments:

Post a Comment