Thursday, July 26, 2012

Wednesday

The Crab Shack

A Snack at the Shack
What a day. It was 100 degrees again today. I took Rachel out to the Crab Shack on Tybee Island (it was only 91 degrees there!) to speak to the manager about a job. She had put in her application but kept getting a told that the manager wasn't there to talk to. So, I said let's just drive out there and pretend we just stopped by for a bite. Then ask if the manager is there. Just before we drove there, Rachel called and was told again, the woman wasn't there. 20 minutes later we arrived and an employee pointed her out to Rachel.... So, we asked to speak to her and the the woman came over with ATTITUDE. No job there...

Earlier today, I went to Savannah Tech and spoke with the Career Services Councilor. I told her I need direction, what should I really be working toward? She recommended that I take a semester of accounting- JUST the computer stuff- Excel, payroll. Then next semester, switch over to paralegal for 2 more semesters and graduate with the degree in paralegal studies. I'll get at least one semester of externship, so that should help more with the job search. Also, in a couple of weeks, I can sign up for work study, too. That will help!

No comments:

Post a Comment