Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Hot and quiet

Hiyah works!
First thing this morning and look! It's Hiyah, actually working. Better get the work done now when it is only 71 degrees because it is going to be a scorcher today.

This morning I went uptown to SB and then to the Board of Education (or in Rachel's case- Bored of Education..ha ha). I had to get the format for Rachel to write her essay about her community service. Unbelievably, she has not been promoted to 12th grade because she did not turn in her community service hours and the essay. Now, the schools are closed until July 23rd but the essay has to be graded by her English Teacher, so I'm not sure what will happen...I'm working on getting Rachel into Savannah Tech for the fall semester which starts on August 22. If she completes the fall and spring semesters at Sav Tech, she can go to Georgia Southern University next fall. They will accept all the classes from Sav Tech as they have some new partnership agreement with them.  It will cost me almost nothing to send her there compared to the nearly one grand in fees that GSU wants...

While driving back this morning, I saw the film crew at one of the squares. I applied for a job at the soon to be opened Nissan dealership, then came back home, checked e-mails, worked on Rachel's application for Sav Tech, and when I was sufficiently bored decided to go back uptown to watch the filming. Dang, I couldn't remember which square and after 40 minutes of walking in almost 100 degrees,  I was hot, sweaty and ready to go back home to the air conditioning!

No comments:

Post a Comment