Thursday, July 5, 2012

The key and the Car

Put this under the "further adventures of the car". Last night, Rachel used her GOOD car key (ignition key) to open the trunk. I had 2 spare keys made for her months ago because the ignition key is close to being broken and it is over 60 bucks to get a key made for her ignition...I keep one in my wallet so we can get in the car when she locks it in there and the other is for her to use for the doors and trunk. Well, now the ignition key is bent and she says it won't start the car. She needed a ride to work at 11 and when I picked her up just after 3 we went to the locksmith who straightened the key as best he could. I brought her back to her car and it still wouldn't start. I had her give me the key. True, it wouldn't turn over but I looked at the steering wheel as I had noticed the wheels were turned quite sharply and decided to turn it before inserting the key again. Aha! the car started right up... Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment