Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Life sucks

So, last week, some little bastards went into my car. I had inadvertently left it unlocked after taking Rachel to Savannah Tech. After the phone rang like 30 times at the non-emergency police number, I drive it to the police station. They were pissed that I had "MOVED" the car. Now we can't fingerprint it..Yeah, that was going to happen. Then I told them my neighbor likely had it on video. Later in the day, sure enough, I watched the video. 4 little black kids, including one that looked about 6 years old, were walking IN the street and lifting up door handles at 1 in the morning. They went in the Subaru and tossed things around and found NOTHING they wanted. Really. Do they have parents? What is a little kid doing out a 1 AM?
Here's where it gets even better. I told the police about the video. I'm still waiting for them to pick up the video... The detective at the station told me, well, no one took a report so we don't know what to do about it as no crime was reported. HELL I went to the station. But that isn't good enough. The crime prevention officer, where the hell is he? Someone needs to check out the video and find these little bastards and smack their low-life parents, too.
This morning, I went to Islands High School for Rachel to get her paperwork signed so that she can enroll at Savannah Tech. The office has been closed since the end of June. Unbelievable, only one person can work on this paperwork and she is out until August 13th!!!! WTF? The Board of Education isn't allowed to do anything either. This is stupid.

I'm still trying to find a job. I have sent my resume out to probably a thousand places. I have applied to McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, Arby's. WTF? I have applied to dealerships to sell cars- one place you had to agree to pay $50 for drug testing. I don't have $50 to pay for drug testing. Hell, I don't have $50 to pay for drugs!!!!!
Obama and this administration are saying the recession is over. You know what? Before he was elected I had a great job, paid all my bills on time and had a little money in my retirement. Here it is mid-2012 and I've been underemployed or unemployed since January 2010, have bill collectors calling on average 15 times a day, and have pissed through my retirement money with a whopping $250 left in it! Right now, I'm unemployed. THIS SUCKS.

And then at 3 AM, Rachel called to tell me she locked her keys in the car AGAIN... Does it ever get any better?

No comments:

Post a Comment