Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The never ending job search

This job searching is getting old. There is always someone out there trying to scam or get over on the legitimate job searcher like myself. In Sunday's paper was an ad for new car sales people. Apply on Mon/Tues 9-5. I went to Chatham Parkway Toyota yesterday, appropriately dressed with resumes and references in my nice leather portfolio. After a minute or so of small talk, he drops the bomb... I need to come up with over $600+ to buy books and to pay for this dude to teach me how to sell new cars. Are you F'n Serious?

Rachel's job search isn't going so well. She applied to one of my favorite places, The Crab Shack on Tybee Island. She did not have her SS card, only a copy..So they told her to get the card and come back. I gave her the letter from SS stating the card has been applied for. The manager said that was sufficient. Now, the person in charge of hiring is either not there or too busy to speak to her. That blows.


No comments:

Post a Comment