Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tuesday October 11 2011

Glass bottle in driveway of Beauty salon

Grey bird

 Sunday was kind of quiet. With no alcohol sales, not much reason to hang across the street. Also is was drizzly in the morning  making it not a pleasant day anyways. Monday, when the liquor store opened, a few brave souls went out in the downpours and got the morning libations. It was funny to watch them huddled against the doors trying not to get rain in their beer. Later, the rain was just too heavy and they left. Yay! 
Good size branch on 36th
The trash being tossed around here is sickening. Someone threw a large glass liquor bottle into the driveway of the hair salon on 36th/Barnard. Why?  Some jerks also tossed a Styrofoam box and some plastic bottles on 36th. This could be such a pretty street if someone (maybe the city, maybe a resident of the street) picked up the trash and debris. 
With all the heavy rain yesterday and last night, some good size branches have been dropping. Who knows when someone will pick up this debris? The city seems to have stopped cleaning up.

Finally, I think some birds are migrating. I saw this grey bird in my backyard yesterday. I did a little research. It appears to be a grey catbird. He/she must have heard there was good eats in my yard! I try to keep the bird bath full and lots of birdseed and bread in the yard. Plus, I've been throwing some peanut shells out there. I don't know why but the sparrows seem to enjoy the peanut shells.

No comments:

Post a Comment