Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday October 3 2011

Saturday night about 11:30 PM, I saw Hiyah making a mad dash for the liquor store. Someone must have reminded him that on Sunday Montgomery Liquors is closed.

On Sunday morning just about the time I was walking the dogs (7 AM) in the 300 block of West 42nd Street, a woman was shot dead. This makes 4 murders within 7 blocks of my house in about 15 days! Man, this is getting out of hand.
I spoke with a police officer about these murders this morning and he believes a big part of this problem is these damn rooming houses. You know,  like the one across the street from me. The people get arrested and when they get out of jail, they go right back to the same lifestyle in the same neighborhood and the same scumbag friends. It is a vicious cycle, made all the worse by drugs and alcohol. There isn't much hope because these people don't have any incentive or desire to do any better. Very sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment