Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wednesday May 16 "2012

Trash on Brady Street
This afternoon, I saw this massive pile of trash on the corner of Brady and Barnard. The guy that used to own the house, Dan Marino, left several months ago. He had a really good pizza place on Bull Street but ran into some, let's say, legal troubles... Happens when you don't pay taxes... Anyways... He decided to walk away from his house and go back to Jersey. I guess someone (the bank?) finally went in there and cleaned up. People were picking through the stuff out there. One girl picked up a teddy bear nearly as big as she was!

Well, things are not going well job-wise or school-wise.  I didn't hear back from the law office uptown and a decision was due to be made on Monday. Then, I heard about this program from the VA, "Vow to hire a vet". I totally qualify for the program, but there are some problems. South University isn't covered because it is not a technical school or vocational school. Plus, I would need to earn an Associates Degree or some kind of certificate. Damn. Paralegal studies are one of the careers that is covered, too. I went to Sav Tech, which is definitely covered under the program. Fall classes start in mid-August. That means, I wouldn't get a check until ? I think beginning of September? How the hell can I survive until then? The program starts on JULY 1. I don't know what to do. I tried looking for other schools in Savannah, but nothing starts in July. I am so frustrated. I could get over $1400+ a month! If only.

No comments:

Post a Comment