Friday, May 4, 2012

Thursday May 3 2012

Happy Birthday Elizabeth. Nine years old! We are going to try to Skype with her in the next few days. That will be cool. Not as much fun as face time, but still, give her a chance to stay in contact with us.

Bill and I went to see the Tall Ships as they arrived in Savannah. At first, Bill went down to the river alone. He told me River Street was all blocked off and he couldn't see much and he was on his way home.
Well, I went for my SB coffee, then took a ride to the river, myself. Guess what? Bill was mistaken. River Street was not yet blocked off. I went down to the River and got pics of a ship coming in. I just missed taking a pic of the cannon going off! After that, as I was leaving, I ran into the Occupy Savannah people. They are some cool people. I talked with them for a bit. I'm going to get them to help me with my Ogeechee River Fishkill protest.
I went back to the house and picked up Bill. We got an excellent parking spot on Bay Street and spent 2 hours on River Street. We rode the ferry which is FREE! Then we went to eat at one of my Fave Restaurants, Vic's on the River. They have awesome biscuits served with butter and marmalade and the tastiest, freshest salads. (Crobb salad is my favorite- crabmeat salad on top of greens with nuts, veggies and fresh fruits. Yum!) The weather was perfect with puffy white clouds and nice breeze. It couldn't have been any better.

Well, here are some pics of the Tall Ships. Enjoy!
taken while on the free ferry

Also taken while on the ferry

Taken from restaurant 4 floors up

Indonesian ship, People standing on masts waving

No comments:

Post a Comment