Wednesday, May 2, 2012

JOB

I tried out a new job. This one is looking at houses, determining occupancy and taking pictures.
Today, as a trial, I looked at 6 houses. My damn tom-tom is several years out of date. I can't afford the $69 to update it.  3 out of the 6 properties I couldn't locate on tom-tom.
I tried using the i-phone and found out that it doesn't give turn by turn directions- you have to hold the phone and keep turning or moving the screen. What should have taken 1.5 hours took more than 3 hours. But, the Subaru still got 24 mpg and I drove about 45 miles. It never should have been that many miles, but I drove the wrong way due to not being able to look at the phone and drive...
Oh, and let's not forget that Rachel borrowed tom-tom last month... It came back without the cord that plugs into the car. So, I got to the first house, and started to the second when...tom-tom was DEAD. NICE!
Meanwhile, the first house is in a bad section of the "hood" that is worse than where I live... Just finished up, sitting in the car, putting my next address in the tom-tom, when my phone rings. It is a law office. I proceed to have a phone interview while sitting in a 100 degree car in the frigging sun with miscreants walking up and down the street and the Power Company getting ready to do something, (about 6 men walking up and down the street going to everyone's house). I was trapped. The guy told me to go to the houses looking professional wearing pants (not shorts). OK so the hot sun is shining down through the windshield on my black pants and I'm wearing socks and black shoes. I have sweat pouring from every pore in my body. But, yes, I say, yes, we can talk now....
All is good. I have a face to face interview scheduled  for Monday @ 2 for a bankruptcy clerk position @ a law office about 1 1/2 miles from my house...
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment