Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thursday May 24 2012

Things have been quiet here in the 'hood as well as uptown. One would almost think we lived in the 'burbs! Monday night, I noticed the streetlight in front of my house was out. It makes the street look really dark. When the lights go out, you call Georgia Power and they fix them.
Well, I didn't think about the light on Tuesday until about 5 p.m. It had gotten eerily quiet outside. Suddenly the whole house shook and then I saw the lightning and heard the thunder. It was CLOSE. Chip was petrified and Louise, who usually sleeps through it all, was up barking. Seconds later it was hailing then it changed to big, heavy raindrops. Within 15 minutes, it was all over. After a few instances of the lights flickering, they stayed on, thankfully!
That is when I decided, I had better call Georgia Power and report that light. I found you can report it by e-mail. Cool! So I filled out the report about my light and one in the alley behind Oman's house. When you're all done, it says, this will be addressed within 5 working days. Yeah, right. I reported this around 6 p.m. on Tuesday night. At 9 a.m. on Wednesday morning, Georgia Power is in front of my house... Now That's Service!!!
Every time we have reported lights out in our 'hood, it is this way. I don't know who cracks the whip, but I can tell you, I love it!

Only real bit of news today is Rachel's SAT scores are in. She made 520 on reading and 520 on math so she can get into Georgia Southern University as a dual or joint enrolled student. I think she would prefer the term JOINT enrolled.... She can go to college as a freshman and take the last two classes she needs to graduate from high school at the college. She is very excited. She won't even be 17 until Monday and here she is planning on going to college in August. I hope Statesboro, Georgia is ready for Miss Rachel!

No comments:

Post a Comment