Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday August 22 2011

Rachel's first day back to school  at Savannah Arts Academy (SAA). She's a Junior now. She has 360 days left of high school- 180 as a junior and 180 as a senior.  She got up when I woke her up at 6:20 AM!  She left the house promptly at 7 AM!  School starts at 7:30 AM!  It is 1 and a 1/2 miles from my house! And, and, .......She was LATE! How? Well, she decided to meet her friends at Starbucks on Victory Drive. It is about a 1/2 mile from there to her school. But, while there, a girl that is a Senior from SAA, backed into Rachel's car. Just what she needed. The front bumper cover is already in poor shape. She said there was no real damage and they all left to go to school. I still want to look at it.

Then, I was in my class at 10 AM and I get a call from her school. Not only was Rachel late, but her brand new skirt is too short, I was told. She will  not be allowed to wear it to school again. My money, wasted again.On the PLUS side, at least her car started this morning.
She is supposed to send me a picture of herself with the car for the scrapbook (and blog). We will see if this materializes.

Worth noting, yesterday morning Bill told me there had been gunshots early Sunday AM. Obviously no one was hurt. Around 2 AM, he heard several rounds of small arms firing.(like a small pistol) That was immediately followed by a couple of loud shots (as in return fire). Then, all was quiet. No squealing tires, no screams, no police, no ambulance. Obviously people working out their differences and thankfully no innocent bystanders were injured.

No comments:

Post a Comment