Monday, August 1, 2011

Monday August 1 2011

Georgia Power Truck
It was pretty quiet for the most part today. While watching Wheel of Fortune, the TV suddenly went out. Please don't mess with my Wheel of Fortune! After a couple of minutes, it came back on but with no sound. What the hell? Have you ever watched Wheel without sound? It just doesn't work. We thought it was cable, but then we realized, it was something more. The A/C wasn't running, the lights were dim, and the sound was not returning to the TV. Bill called Georgia Power. They were not aware of a brown out in our area. GP sent out a truck. The man said no one else had called. Well, Bill talked to the neighbors and they don't have full power either, but they leave it to us to make the call. So, it is 8:30. I totally missed Jeopardy. There is no way to watch Jeopardy without sound. I guess I'll do my homework. Now that I have a laptop, I can still do my homework even when the power is out or partially out. Whoppee!
*****UPDATE*****
They say it is always darkest before the dawn. Well let's hope so. We now have NO electricity. I am using candles and my internet access is on the Surf Savannah network- which is only free for 1 hour a day. So... yes I am still working on my homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment