Sunday, August 12, 2012

New Job

Well, I have been busy this week signing people up for an attorney's office. Everyone I have met with, I've been able to sign. I only had one person that was a bit difficult but I talked him through the contract and he signed.
Now...the big question is PAY. When... While talking to my contact at the law firm, he mentioned that WE don't get paid if the clients fail to go to the chiropractor. That wasn't stated to me when I signed on. Though I let the clients know it is in their best interest to go and get treated, I can't make them. So, when I sent an e-mail to the brother of the attorney asking about payday, he said he would talk to me this weekend. I'm getting a little antsy as this is Sunday and it is almost 3 PM and I haven't heard from him... I have an appointment with a client tonight at 6 and then I am off all day tomorrow. I better hear something...

Yesterday at 6:30pm, about a mile from the house, a 5 year old child was shot. Hmmm. What the hell could a 5 year old have done? The news just says it was life-threatening injuries and he was transported via private car. This doesn't sound good. Then when you go on the newspaper's website to read about it, this is one comment:

"This article was originally posted at 12:41 am. It was "updated" at 8:04 am but there is no change in the text. No, the only change here is that the Savannah Morning News censor did not like the tone of the comments and scrubbed the site clean. This newspaper doesn't like the fact that there are regular commentators who post opinions that are more on target than their own editorials or raise points that turn up as features a few days later. I can't tell you how many times one of my ideas has been lifted by SMN columnists, sometimes verbatim. But then the SMN censor does not hesitate to delete my edgier comments or those that might use a censored b*d w#rd.
On present form, the SMN is scared to death to speak its mind or to accurately reflect the opinions of the community it serves. It roundly fails to hold local elected officials accountable. It totally fails to understand the public's sentiment toward government abuses such as T-SPLOST. And it continues to take a wait-n-see attitude toward how our taxes are spent or wasted.
By scrubbing comments clean this newspaper engages in a violation of the constitutional right to free speech. The very rules that govern this site are an encroachment upon that same constitutional right. And if this is the town's only major newspaper, then the result of such practices is deadly to a free society." Midtown Mojo

My Side note *T-Splost= asking us to pay an EXTRA 1% sales tax for a bunch of transportation stuff- like making a bike path on one of the islands that no one seems to want, like removing an overpass that the people don't seem to be too interested in having removed...Thankfully people saw through it and like me voted it down...

Now for some good news, Rachel got a call from The Crab Shack. I'm going to drive her out there for an interview. Wish her LUCK! You can check out the place at
www.thecrabshack.com
I love the place. Hope I can get a discount!

No comments:

Post a Comment