Saturday, August 25, 2012

Life just sucks for me

So I went to my bank this morning to see if I could get a bit more of an explanation about why they won't let me have access to any of my paycheck. They said that because I don't have a spare 900 bucks sitting around, they will not allow me to have access to any of the funds right now. My goddam car insurance bill is due to be automatically withdrawn from my checking account on 9/2. They aren't going to credit my account until 9/4. Wow. Screwed again...

On Wednesday I had my English lit class. Funny, like deja vu, I remember taking English lit years ago... But, they are making me take it again. WTF? What a waste of my time. The teacher gives out the syllabus and I see my LEAST favorite author- evil bitch named Flannery O'Connor from Savannah. I had to read some crap she wrote and I HATED every word of it. When we had to make our introductions, I noted how much I despised FO'c. Guess what? My teacher loves her and did her master's thesis on the bitch. This will go well..

Teacher asked us to write a 3 paragraph paper on one of three topics. I picked the American Dream...
The American Dream was alive and well until about the year 2009. Millions of immigrants from around the world flocked to this country for a chance to own their own home, make a decent living and give their children a better standard of living.

Now, this is no longer the case. More Americans than ever are relinquishing their citizenship. Less Mexicans are crossing the border to the United States. What has happened to the dream?

The dream is shattered because the country is devastated from years of fighting wars, corruption in banks and financial institutions undermining the economy and incompetent leadership in all government agencies from the presidency to the local city manager. It will take a mighty leader with determination to turn this around. I don't believe it will happen in my lifetime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment