Thursday, June 21, 2012

Luck

OMG! Who knew? I got off the phone with my mechanic and nearly died. He said it wasn't a clutch cable on the Subaru, it was the clutch and the throw-out bearing, too. WTF? He could sell it to me for cost $800 but the labor was a killer. Dave is such a good guy, he told me to check to see if it had any warranty left or if Subaru had any recalls. I called Chatham Parkway Subaru but they were in a "meeting." So, I dug through my files and ... FOUND IT!

My warranty is 5 years - 100,000 miles (and covers rental) with a $100 deductible. It expires on, get this JULY 20, 2012! Talk about LUCK. I had thought it was 5 years or 60,000 miles and since I have 67,000 figured it was long gone. Well, at least I'll have my wheels back soon, with a nice new clutch.

I will say though, as I was reading through some posts on line, the newer Subaru s are running into problems with clutches... In over 30+ years of driving stick shift including 5 Subaru s, I have only replaced one clutch.  Forums show 2005+ are running into problems. I'm not liking the sound of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment