Thursday, September 20, 2012

Happy Thursday

Hiyah is still working
I know everyone has been wondering, what is going on with Hiyah. Well, you can breathe easier now. Here he is, still working hard!

Finally, the German family that bought the formally beautiful Queen Ann house on 36th Street, are beginning to do some work. It will be nice to see it restored to its former glory.

Rachel is working only a few hours a week at the Crab Shack but now she is putting in some hours at a new Japanese Restaurant on Whitemarsh Island. The more she tells me about this place, the more concerned I am. The guy said he doesn't pay for the first day of work. Now while she is training to be a waitress, he is going to pay her $2.13 an hour WITH NO TIPS. I called the Department of Labor and that is not legal. Then she said that he told her since she is in school, she can't work more than 20 hours a week. According to the Department of Labor, that is UNTRUE. The quote from the DOL- as long as you are over 16, an employer can work you for 24 hours a day without even giving you a break! Who Knew?


I am 16 years of age. What time does the boss have to let me off in the evenings on a school night? back to top
There are no restriction on hours for minors 16 years of age and above. (No cutoff hour; no maximum number of hours per day).
Finally, restoration will be starting
Georgia Department of Labor
After I have worked for 4 hours at my job, doesn't the boss have to give me a 15 minute break? back to top
No. State nor federal law requires meal periods or breaks. If you are willing, the boss can work you 24 hours a day provided you are 16 years of age or older.

No comments:

Post a Comment