Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Tuesday January 10 2012

Well, things are much quieter in the 'hood. Why you may ask? Since "the man" installed the camera in front of David's Crabs (on my side of 35th Street!), this place isn't so cool... This morning, there was a ton of trash blowing around the area. I don't know where it all came from. Ben (from across the street) was out there with his tenant Hiyah picking up the trash! WOW!  Bill was on the second floor porch of a neighbor's house in the 200 block.  (He is going to be repairing her porch.) Bill watched as one of the drug dealers that usually hangs out at Dirty South (and was one of the 2 guys shooting his pistol in the air on New Year's Eve) sold drugs to some strung out dude on a bicycle. Guess he didn't want to be seen on Candid Camera so he moved his business down a block.

So far this year, (and it is only 11 days in) I have applied for 20+ jobs. There are a few more that I applied to on-line that I didn't write down. Considering that I've been looking for work for 2 years, this is about average for me. Saying we are out of a recession is not holding water for me. Rachel is working on an Economics project and she asked me if we are  in a recession or not. I told her the government says we are out of it, but I don't believe it.
I was looking on Savannah Help Wanted.com and saw job postings for Customer Service, cashier, and copy center help wanted at Staples. The jobs were listed as being posted on 1/10/12. The ad further stated to apply in person at the Victory Drive and Abercorn locations. I went to Victory Drive and was told to apply on-line. I told her about the ad. She said they are not looking for help at this time, it must be an old ad. What the hell? Yeah, we are out of the recession alright. These websites seem to recycle old ads just to fill up pages and make it look like there are job openings out there. I think it is a government conspiracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment