Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday January 23 2012

Why park here?
 On Friday evenings, you cannot park on our side of the street (even # of W. 35). But this SUV belongs to a lawyer from Richmond Hill who has an office on our street. He has left this broken down Lexus here for months. He gets ticket after ticket. Maybe he lives in some gated community that won't let him leave a broken down vehicle there. But  it's OK to leave it here? Oh well, as long as he pays the tickets, I guess our city is collecting revenue, so it's all good?
WHAT?
I went up town and walked around yesterday while waiting for the Patriots game at 3 PM. (Which they won in true nail-biting fashion so they are going to the Super Bowl!) While on Broughton Street I saw this minivan with eyelashes.... Some older cars had  eyebrow moldings but never eyelash moldings...
While on River Street, I saw the French Research vessel Tara, that is in port for the week. Pretty cool looking. Also, I was talking to this artist. Typical of me, I can't remember his name. He has some really neat stuff. He picks up driftwood and scrap wood all over. He got some wood out of one of the warehouses on River Street that is being rehabbed. Some of that wood is 200 years old!
French research vessel

The artist

No comments:

Post a Comment