Monday, December 26, 2011

Boxing Day 2011

No, that doesn't mean we are watching a boxing match, Boxing Day is a bank holiday and day servants got presents in Great Britain. Last night again, I heard gun shots at 11:00 PM. I don't know what is going on out there. I had just come in from walking the dogs and I didn't see a soul out there.

I went to WalMart this morning to pick up some pictures that I ordered online. I had thought the place was going to be mobbed, but it wasn't.  But, that was a double edged sword, as it meant there were not many associates working either. I went to the Photo Lab in the back of the store. I went to the kiosk that rings up electronics purchases and asked the associate, where do I pick up prints ordered online. She pointed to the back wall next to the rest rooms. I went to the register and no one was there. I waited a minute or two. Then I went back and asked if the woman could call someone to help me as there was no one in photo. She said she would. I went back and waited, and waited. I heard no announcement.
I went back to the other woman who was now on the register. I asked if the first associate had called for someone to assist me in photo pickup. She didn't know. So... I told her, do you mind if I make my own announcement? She looked a little shocked. I then took a deep breath and said "Attention, I am in the photo department and I need assistance."  3 management people came hustling back to help me. I was told that my voice carried all the way to the front of the store from the back wall. I was so proud. I was out of there in seconds flat with my pictures. Rachel would have died of embarrassment...

No comments:

Post a Comment