Sunday, February 17, 2013

Joe's Crab Shack Savannah and cars

I FOUND IT

A bigger piece of sh*t than the HONDA


Who Knew?
There goes the Honda
Joe's Crab Shack, Savannah



I was downtown Savannah on Saturday for the Author's Book Fair. I tried but could not get in to hear Al Gore. I was bummed. I bought his latest book and started reading it. It is pretty interesting. It was so frigging cold. The temp was about 45 but the wind was whipping around so it felt like 0! Greg Allman was signing his book, and along with several other authors.
Then,  I walked down to River Street. I decided to check out Joe's Crab Shack.
The Shack was interesting. The building doesn't really fit the historic waterfront. It looks like a SCAD building. The staff were all wonderful, attentive, upbeat, and animated. I got a platter of mixed seafood called an East Coast Platter. There was fried whitefish, which was good, stuffed shrimp, which was good- but it was dry, and Maryland crabcake- which I did not like at all. Usually I like crabcake, but this was very peppery tasting. I brought it home and Bill tried it. He didn't much like it either. So, while I liked the place, I still need to go back to try to one of the crab buckets. That is what they famous for, after all.
While walking on Bull Street, I found the one car that is a bigger piece of sh*t than Rachel's Honda. Look at this thing! It is missing the hood, driver's window, driver's mirror, has bungee cords holding the front AND rear bumper covers on and has been hit front, rear, left, and right! WOW! And don't you love the bumper sticker that says Never Settle for less..
This morning, Rachel's Rat was acting up. She put water in the reservoir, then I went out to check on it before she left for work. I added another quart of water and then checked the oil. It was down more than a quart. WTF? So, I had her go to the BP station on 37th and I put a quart in. It sounded a little rough but Rachel left. About 15 minutes later, she called me in a panic. The Rat had the "Maintenance Soon" light flashing and was running rough. Then, it died on Highway 80 on the way to Tybee. Nice. I had to go pick up her and her friend and got them to the Crab Shack. Then I came home, had lunch, and headed back to the Rat. I opened the hood and saw that the top hose was disconnected from the radiator. How bizarre! I tried several times and finally got it to turn over but, it is running Rough. I had it towed to the shop.
Stay tuned to find out what's wrong with the Rat.

No comments:

Post a Comment