Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thursday June 30 2011

The car. What can I say. I called Rachel last night around 7PM and told her to come home since a big storm was getting ready to drop a ton of rain and high winds were expected. She got nearly home when the rain started. Guess what happened next? The frigging windshield wipers didn't work! What the hell? They only come on when she pulls back on the "mist" function.
I did a lot of research online and it seems this is something that happens in these older Honda's. We brought the car to my mechanic and he checked it out. Indeed it will need what's known as a combination switch. But that means turning off the air bag and the steering wheel.  My mechanic will take care of it when the switch comes in. Until then, we put Rain-X on the windshield and she will still need to hold the switch to make the wipers work.
The rain was something else. We had 3 1/4 inches at my house in just over an hour. Damn that's a lot of rain! My neighbor decided to drive through the "lake" on Jefferson at 31st street. What a mistake! She had to walk home. Her husband had to BAIL water out of the back of the car and I don't know how the hell he got it home. It is all fogged up on the inside. This was a valuable for lesson for Rachel to learn, at someone else's expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment