Sunday, January 13, 2013

Studying

"To make no mistakes is not in the power of man; but from their errors and mistakes, the wise and the good learn wisdom for the future."
-- Plutarch, Historian 
Ah, back to school time. Went to Liberty Tax School last week to learn to do taxes. Not that I didn't know how, but if I want to get paid to do them, have to go to class. On Monday I'll finish up the test questions and then get a tax preparer ID # and just like that, I'll be able to do taxes and get paid!
Savannah Tech classes started back last week. Already I'm a half week behind in my 2 online classes. I needed to purchase online access material for those classes and the CD's with the access codes are being shipped to me. How bizarre. Could have just given me the codes in an e-mail after I paid for them and I would have been working away now. But it was almost half the price to buy the access/CD's from the publisher and rent the books from Barnes&Noble rather than buy the books with the access/CD's from the school bookstore. Every dollar counts when you are paying for it!

We are having strangely warm weather. Broke records with temp of 81 yesterday and expecting the same today. My lemon and lime trees have buds on them but with no bees out there, I don't expect anything to happen.
 
I looked at Rachel's bumper and it was a little worse than I had originally thought. It was hit so hard it cut through the rubber bumper and ripped into the metal!
Buds

Little worse than first thought

No comments:

Post a Comment