Saturday, January 26, 2013

Ruth Chris Steakhouse

My Petit Steak

Bill's Big Steak
This is Restaurant Week. We went to Ruth Chris Steakhouse. A nice meal was offered for $30 per person. I got a petit steak with blue cheese crumbles and Bill paid an extra $10 and got a hefty piece of meat. The beef is USDA Prime, very nice. The steak was so tender. The plates are 500 degrees! This keeps the steak warm the whole time you are eating. I scooped out my garlic mashed potatoes, put them on the plate, then added some butter and watched the butter steam and dance across the plate. Everything was great, the bread, the appetizer (that was an extra- we got seafood stuffed mushrooms- awesome!), salad, steaks, and a dessert- chocolate cheesecake with oreo crumb crust served with a cream and berries. Yummy! We had picked RCS to go to for restaurant week because about a year and a half ago, I had bought Bill a gift card for (I think) $75. Since they were offering $30 meals, we figured this would be a good time to go. When the bill came, it was $114! $30 for me, $40 for Bill, appetizer for $14, blue cheese baked on the steak $4 each, and 2 glasses of wine for Bill. I drank water.
Bill reaches into his pocket to take out the gift card, when....
the gift card he had picked up off the desk was for the Gentleman's Warehouse. Uh oh.
Moral of the story. Check the gift card twice before you leave the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment