Wednesday, August 21, 2013

the job

I started work on Monday. Working at a junk yard- LKQ in Savannah. Not hard, but a lot to learn about mechanical parts and what is and is not included when you buy used parts.

Today we had a massive rain storm. The thunder and lightning were incredible. We lost phones and electricity for a short time then it kept flickering. The rain was coming down so hard it was going sideways. Then we had a break and I took off for lunch. But just before I got back, the sky opened up AGAIN. Damn. I had my raincoat and umbrella but my feet and legs got drenched.

Then when I was ready to leave, there was a massive puddle to deal with. Not happy....
Big puddle

As for Rachel, she left for college at Georgia Southern University last Monday. I helped her move in. Over the weekend, her boyfriend stayed with her for a few days. Guess the roommates were OK with that. The knucklehead held Rachel's car key for her... At some point the metal part separated from the plastic fob... He lost the metal part. The car wouldn't start. I had a metal key made and drove it to Statesboro on Saturday night. She drove to Savannah yesterday with the fob taped to the key. It was Christian's birthday and she wanted to surprise him.  Well, this morning she tried to leave to go back to school, and the stupid car would not start. WTF?
Had to have it towed to the Honda dealer and it took more than an hour to re-key (program)the computerized key. Damn HONDA.

No comments:

Post a Comment