Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday March 27 2011

 I had a bit of difficulty sleeping last night. I didn't get pictures, but at 1 AM I watched a drug deal in the driveway of David's Crabs. 3 Black men were very engaged in their elicit activity.
I had finally fallen asleep when I was awoken at 2 AM by gunshots. They were very close. 3 rapid shots were followed by 3 more rapid shots. I looked all around but couldn't see anyone, or any cars. At 6:30 AM when Bill walked the dogs, he found empty bullet casings in the alley of 35th at Jefferson Street. He spoke to the homeowner- James Rasta- who said he heard the shots but didn't realize they were outside his house.


 It was mostly quiet out on the street during the day. As it was Sunday and  no alcohol sales there isn't a lot of reason to hang out across the street. In the mid-afternoon, we had a violent rainstorm come through. It dropped 3/4" of rain in 15 minutes and we had pea-sized hail seen here. It continued raining with thunder and lightning for most of the rest of the afternoon and by 5 PM we had 2 inches of rain.




Water was coming over the sidewalk.

See the guys trying to stay dry in the cage!

No comments:

Post a Comment